Could The Elevation Be The Sierra 1500 Sweet Spot?
When considering the GMC Sierra 1500, you have multiple cab/bed combinations, several drivetrain choices, and seven trim levels from which to choose. Your needs may provide quick answers to the drivetrain and cab and bed sizes, but trim levels became a balance of needs, desires, and budget. Buick GMC of Rochester suggests an excellent place to start is the Sierra 1500 Elevation, which offers much of what consumers need and can add what they like without breaking the bank. It is also available in all Double Cab and Crew Cab configurations. It has the following powertrain choices:
- 2.7-liter Turbo High-Output engine with the 8-speed automatic transmission
- 5.3-liter EcoTec3 V8 engine with the 10-speed automatic transmission
- 3.0-liter Duramax® Turbo Diesel engine with 10-speed automatic transmission
For each cab and powertrain combination, you can choose rear- or four-wheel drive. Here are other reasons to look at the Elevation:
With 20-inch 6-spoke high-gloss black alloy wheels, matching the gloss black grille and front and rear body-colored bumpers, the Elevation immediately presents itself as a truck of substance.
As with the SLT trim just below, the Elevation is equipped with the 13.4″ diagonal GMC Premium Infotainment System with a Google built-in operating system. Wireless compatibility for both Apple and Android smartphones is standard, freeing you from fumbling for your phone when getting in or leaving behind in the truck as you exit. The Elevation also adds dual-zone climate control, which allows the driver and front passenger to set temperature levels as much as 30 degrees apart. Another useful Elevation feature is a rear seat storage package that folds one or both rear seat cushions up for more floor space and access to under-seat storage.
Choice of Front Bench or Bucket Seats With Console
A front bench is still available if you need it, but the Elevation also allows you to switch to the comfort of front bucket seats. The accompanying center console provides several useful storage components between the seats, including cell phone storage, wireless charging for compatible phones, two USB power/data ports with a cord management system, file holder capacity, and a removable storage tray. An available option is a lockable safe inside the console storage bin that hides and protects any valuables you don’t take with you as you leave.
Available Sierra Safety Plus Package
The Elevation is the lowest-priced trim to offer the Sierra Safety Plus Package, consisting of several features to make the Sierra both more convenient and safer. Features of this package include:
- Rear Cross Traffic Braking
- Trailer Camera Provisions – Provides the ability to effectively “see through” the trailer behind you.
- Trailer Side Blind Zone Alert – Extends the blind zone to match the trailer dimensions
- HD Surround Vision- Provides a 360 view of the vehicle as if seen from above. It helps locate obstacles by doors that are otherwise unseen and shows you if you are parked within the lines of a designated shop.
- Rear Park Assist – Provides alerts to notify you of nearby detected vehicles and objects behind your vehicle to help you park and avoid collisions.
- Rear Pedestrian Alert – Help alert you to detect pedestrians directly behind your truck.Perimeter lighting
More available Features
The Elevation is also the first model in the hierarchy to offer the 7-speaker Bose premium audio system featuring the Richbass® woofer. A power sunroof is also available, as is a bed view camera so that you can keep an eye on your load.
Many of Elevation’s available features are standard on upper models like the SLT and especially the Denali. Still, the Elevation is good about letting you choose what is important to you and not opting for others. Choice is what you have in the Elevation and what you have with our Sierra 1500 selection as a whole. If you are interested in any GMC Sierra 1500, Buick GMC of Rochester is where you want to go.